Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bad News

Today was our first ultrasound. The baby was supposed to be around 8 weeks. It measured at 6 weeks 5 days and no heartbeat was detectable. This means that (barring a miracle) the baby is no longer growing and is no longer viable. Sadly, I am probably miscarrying and will know for sure on Tuesday when we check one last time if I haven't started naturally losing the pregnancy, and then if there is no heartbeat I will either get a D&C or take a pill to help my body pass the tissue.

I am heart broken, as is Jeff, and it's not easy blogging about this. I didn't want to at first, but realize that if I'm going to be public with sharing my good news, sometimes that means being public with really bad devastating news.

I realize that this is not my fault. Chromosomal defects are the main cause of this sort of thing at this stage in the pregnancy. We hope to try again in the future. That's all I really feel like saying about this subject.

No comments: