Monday, February 24, 2014

6 Years

Happy 6th Anniversary to us! Yesterday, Jeff and I celebrated 6 years of marriage!

This year, Jeff planned our date. I had been talking about how I want to go to a paint-your-own pottery studio so Jeff took me to one on Saturday and we both picked out some giant mugs to paint. We didn't finish in time before the 2nd half of our date, so we will have to go back and finish, but trust me they are going to be awesome! Mine already has a unicorn farting a rainbow so you can imagine how great it's going to be when I add the rest!

After that, we went on a segway tour of Austin. It was really fun, a lot more fun than it sounds actually. The segway itself is super fun to drive. It goes up to 12 mph and we definitely took it to full speed several times. Really it felt more like a joy ride on a segway with some cool people and we stopped a few places to learn historical info about things, but not the boring history, the interesting stuff like hauntings and fires and dramatic events. All in all it was a really great date and a great way to spend some time together while Sonja was staying with friends.

I still find it hard to leave her with other people mostly because I worry she will feel like I'm abandoning her, but it really is important for us to get out of the house and spend some quality time together.

Here are a few photos of our fun time.


No comments: