Sunday, February 7, 2010

All About Val

I want to take the time today to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister, Valerie! She turns 22 today! Holy Crap! We are getting old.


I was going through some old photos we have, and came across this one. It made me really happy to remember all of the fun Val and I had as kids. I wish I had some from when we used to dress up like twins and try to trick people into thinking we were.


Or some of when we used to drive-by Moon people.


Or some of when we used to throw condoms in people's carts at the grocery store.... in fact, I think Val's got a video of us throwing depends in some lady's cart and then getting chased through the store. Haha. Good times. But I wanted to take the time today to make a list of all the things I love about Valerie.




What I love about Val:

1. Val's not afraid to say what she thinks, she stands up for herself, and that's super important.

2. Val is the life of the party, she is always having fun, or making a lame situation bearable.




3.Valerie's a good friend. She takes care of her friends, loves them, and does a lot for them, sometimes even when they don't deserve it. She was my best friend growing up and I am so greatful to have her as a sister.





4. Val's also got a sweet, and sensitive side. She genuinely loves people, and wants them to be happy.


5. Even though she's 22 today, she's still very much a playful, fun-loving woman who has managed to keep her inner child alive, something most of us could learn to do a little more of.






6. I don't know if you all have noticed yet, but Valerie is gorgeous! She has always been beautiful, but I think she's the prettiest now that she's ever been, hurray for maturity!


7. Valerie is a hard worker. When she does something, she gives it her all. When we were kids, she actually used to volunteer to do chores (something I've never been capable of forcing myself to do). Her work ethic is one to be admired.

8. Valerie has an infectious laugh. When she laughs, you have to laugh. It's just awesome.

9. Valerie gives the best hugs ever, even if she does try to smother you with her chest and whisper "Momma knows..."

10. Valerie is the best drive-by mooner Ever. Period. Don't question me... just believe.

11. Valerie is an Aquarius, born on February 8, 1988. She's my fatal attraction sign (me being a Leo), which means we make best friends and bad lovers (thank goodness).







No comments: