Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sonja is 9 months old!

Happy 9 months to my adorable baby girl!  I cannot believe she is already 9 months old!

I can't believe she's been alive the exact amount of time she spent cooking in my belly!

I also cannot believe she used to be so small and potato-like and now she's like a little person...

Here she was at a week old, so tiny and so precious. It's crazy to me how much she's grown and how she's gotten cuter and cuter by the day!

Sonja's current hobbies:

* crawling
* eating puffs, baby mum-mums, oatmeal and fruits and veggies
* holding her OWN bottle
* standing up with a little assistance
* saying "mama" "dada" "nana" "googoo" "gaga" "geegee" "gawkgwagaw" and such noises
* her first real words were "nana" but she seems to only really get the significance of "mama" and even then I'm not totally sure
* jumping in her jumperoo.. or with some help from an adult
* playing with toys
* watching Yo-Gabba Gabba, Dora the Explorer, Nick Jr. shows (I let her watch a tiny bit in the morning so I can get ready... feel free to judge me)
* playing with the puppies and kitty cats and mom and dad
* getting into trouble
* pulling moms hair

Favorite Toys:

* phones
* water bottles
* her white tiger
* anything she isn't allowed to have
* Daddy's phone holster
* X-box controllers
* mommy's hair
* boxes and paper

Sonja is currently sporting 4 teeth up top and 4 on the bottom. It's adorable. She also is now wearing size 12 months for footie pajamas, which is insane! She is sleeping decently in her crib but still wakes up off and on in the night, which she didn't do when I let her sleep with me when Jeff was away. Oh well, she'll get used to it eventually.

She is really into everything. She crawls around and tries to eat dirt and specks off the ground... the other day she almost ate some cat litter that the cats had tracked across the floor. I swear the stress will be the death of me. She loves animals, her own reflection, other people, and babies. She doesn't like hats very much or wearing headbands, but I'm working with her.

Sonja is able to stand up by herself if we hold our fingers out for her to grab onto. She can also pull herself up onto the ottoman and has walked a few steps with her rolling push walker. If I were going to bet on it, I'd bet she walks before 10 months.

She's a sweet girl. She laughs when I do, but this fake cough laugh. It's really funny. Her real laugh is really cute.

She usually finds cartoons and animals the funniest, and loves it when I do faces, bock like a chicken and being thrown or twirled in the air. She also laughs sometimes when she's jumping. I can tell she's a thrill seeker already.

She hates when she can't have something she wants (don't we all?). She doesn't care for beards. She has started this separation anxiety phase too, which breaks my heart when I go to the gym and have to leave her in the daycare there.

I am so happy to have this little ray of sunshine in my life. She really grounds me and gives me a lot of joy. I cannot believe how fast she's gotten to 9 months, but everyone tells me they grow up so quickly and I am guessing I will blink and she'll be 5... ugh. I don't even want to think about it.


No comments: