Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kickboxing

Today was an awesome day! I slept 12 hours last night, woke up, and had time to eat breakfast and chat with my Jeffrey. :). I then trained my 2 morning clients, and both of them were very talkative, which helped me get my "social" fix. I have to mention that I currently LOVE every single person I train. I am the luckiest girl ever!

I've been in a funk recently. The last few weeks since Christmas, I was just really unhappy. I think it may have been having all my family with me and them having them ripped away. FINALLY I have recovered a sunny outlook on life, despite the rainy/cold weather outside!!!

The BEST part of my day today was..............






KICKBOXING!!!




With Nigel egging me on, I finally achieved what I have been trying to achieve for MONTHS now, and knocked the entire kickboxing bag over. Now, I'd just like to mention that this is not an easy thing to do. This bag weighs 250 lbs, and I weigh about half of that. I also would like to mention that I have ALMOST knocked it over the last 3 sessions, and had it go all the way on it's side only to right itself once more. But today I knocked it over first with a sidekick (right foot). I then got it 3 TIMES with my LEFT foot (the weaker side!!!)!!! Then Nigel had me do power kicks to the front, and I knocked it over AGAIN 3 times with my left and 2 with my right. I beat the HELL out of this bag. We repeated both exercises later in the session and sure enough I was still able to knock that bag over. I am so proud of me right now. I'm totally bragging, and I know that, but I had to tell everyone. :D Nigel told me I am the first client of his to do this that weighs under 200 lbs. :) this makes me feel so cool.




When I told Jeff he got really quite and then told me he feared for his life.



MUAHAHAHA




No comments: