Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I think I'm turning into who I've WANTED to be all along...

The past few months I've started seeing a change within myself. At first it was scary. Now I'm really excited! No, I'm NOT pregnant, for those of you reading between non-existant lines. But my sister, April, is.. and so is my sister-in-law Elizabeth! Liz is due in late August with a girl! I'm so excited to be an aunt again! It will be nice to have a baby around, though I am still not ready to have one of my own.

I've done a lot of soul searching. I wanted a baby so badly a few months ago. But now... I realize that it's not time for me to have one yet. My house is still not finished, my business is starting to take off, and Jeff is in the throws of a revolution at his job right now! Seriously... the entire business is about to change and Jeff's the one in charge now.

I'm so lucky to have a man like Jeff in my life. He grounds me. He takes care of me. Despite the fact that I may not deserve it.

So now is not the time for children. Now is the time for self improvement, to prepare myself to be who I want to be when I do decide to be a mother. I have to say, I'm definitely improving myself artistically. I'm on my 3rd and 4th oil paintings right now, and I'm absolutely in love with both of them. Next month I'll be entering the Phoenix and two other paintings in an art show. I won't be auctioning off the phoenix, but may auction the other two off if I can get a decent amount of money for them. I love the phoenix too much to part with it, seriously, I would have to be offered amounts of money that would pay my house off before considering selling that painting. Emotional attachment is a funny thing.

I'm doing well with my training. I love every single client I have right now. They are all such unique, fun people. They really make my life wonderful.

After attending the ACSM Training Conference a few weeks ago, I learned a lot. I have been trying to apply that knowledge to my training, and have realized I have so much to learn still! I really enjoyed my time and hope to take away from it a thirst for more knowledge! Next year is in Anaheim, you better believe I will be there, swimsuit packed and all!

Akira is doing well. She got her 1.5 year old shots a few weeks ago. Poor thing. She's been extra cuddly and I adore her so much. We also solved the litter box issue by purchasing the biggest bin we could find, building a ramp for her. Even when she tries, she can't shoot her pee out of the side of the litter box ANY MORE! *sigh of relief*

After my conference, I realized something. Jeff needed to start cardio training. Even though he's naturally low in body fat, he still needs to take care of his heart. The studies show it LOUD AND CLEAR... if you aren't getting enough cardiovascular exercise, your quality of life in all areas is significantly and negatively effected. So we started going on walks as often as possible, for at LEAST 30-60 minutes. Not only are these walks doing great things for both of us, they are bringing us closer. I really enjoy the (usually) distraction free time we have with each other (stop calling my husband while we're walking, people). I think it really makes huge difference to make the time, to shut the tv off, and to just TALK to each other. I recommend walks with your spouse very much!

In other news, my bootcamps are also going well. Jake and I have achieved a nice symbiosis, and I seriously love the people in bootcamp. It feels like a big family now. I secretly hope the Round Rock camp doesn't get started TOO soon because I would miss my peeps.

I've also been really happy to have Meghan, my sister, back in the country. She and I talk regularly and that makes me really happy to have a sister I can be so close to. Her birthday is coming up, so look for her in my spotlight this weekend!

All-in-all, I feel like I'm finally achieving something I have never achieved before in my life. Peace. I'm so at peace with where my life is right now. I'm so happy. I feel productive, like I have a niche, and very very lucky. I think the key to happiness is all in how you look at life and the people in your life. Don't dwell on the negative, just enjoy yourself and love the people in your life for who they are and how they enrich your life. To those of you who have been good to me, and made my life just a little better, I'd like to thank you.

No comments: