Friday, August 13, 2010

America's NEXT TOP MODEL... er... Idol...


So Wednesday was a very interesting day for me.


My Brother-in-Law, Chris, and I went to the American Idol auditions.


It was the most terrifying day I have had in a long time.


We laughed, we cried, we sang out hearts out.


We got our photo taken and it's located on the Austin-American Statesman website: http://galleries.austin360.com/gallery/austin-american-idol-auditions/105012/


He sang, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and I sang "Criminal" by Fiona Apple.


We both did well... AMAZING actually.


We both got DENIED.


WE both had TON OF FUN!


The best part of the day... after getting rejected we started walking the wrong way to our car... we hear the rumble of thunder, and it starts POURING DOWN RAIN.


We ran for a good half our till we finally found our car and were so soaked, it looked like we'd jumped in a swimming pool and swam to the car.


It was a good experience that has left me feeling a little hollow inside.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

i did that last year in orlando. it was CRAZY!

Dan and Merideth said...

Fun! sorry you didnt make it to stardom