Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh







Ahhh... that's me, sighing with relief. I finally took my Algebra test! It only took me agonizing over it for the past 5 days to finally study enough to feel comfortable to enter the testing center with my head held high with fake confidence. I only enlisted the help of not only my husband and fellow math-student/friend Sommer, but also my personal trainer, Jake, who was very awesome to help me after one of our sessions. With the help of my behind-the-scenes team, and my own brain power... I might've actually pulled a C or if I'm lucky with the curve, a B. I didn't realize that I was in the testing center for 3 hours, taking the test. The time flew by. I agonized over each and every question, found new ways to calculate math problems I was unsure of, and I even took to guessing numbers to populate "X" until I found the true value (true desperation). When I finally got out of the testing center it was 6:15 pm. I hadn't eaten in hours. But I managed to make it to class at 6:45. I'm so glad I did.






I won't bore you with what we learned in class, aside from the FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Some of the more whiney class members started complaining about the test. I thought it was bad that I took 3 hours, one guy took 5! Most took between 2 and 3 hours to complete the test. One girl cried after it was over. Another almost threw up. I chimed in and said I considered suicide halfway through it. (Just kidding, people don't take kindly to such jokes). So the professor reminded us that he does curve and then offered us something stupendous! He's letting us take home our final! YAY! That's right, my comprehensive final is a take-home test. I can't be happier. And then the test on the next section is pushed back to our final date! The relief I feel right now is... invigorating. I just want to scream out with JOY! AHHHHHHHH!






Yes, this post is about Math. Stupid Math. But really... I am kinda getting into it. It's like infinite puzzles, and I LOVE it when I can solve them with ease!






In other news... Jeffrey and I leave May 7th for Lorraine's wedding. Anyone driving from SLC to Idaho Falls for Lorraine's wedding, please let me know and maybe we can work some sort of carpool action or something. We are renting a car so we're not trying to mooch off anyone, I just want to see and spend time with my Utah friends if I can!






K. Blog Out.

No comments: