Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Endings/Scary Beginnings

I found out this weekend that my brother almost died. He has a fractured C2 vertebrae, collapsed a lung, had a concusion, broke his wrist and had to get it plated, will be in a halo for the next 3-4 months, and a few other injuries I can't remember.


The point is, no one knew until I got an email on Facebook about it from one of his best friends. It scared the absolute crap out of me. The last time I got an email from a friend of a friend, it was telling me that he died. So naturally, I was terrified when I saw that this email was about my brother and him being in the hospital.


Lucky for all of us, but especially him, he is NOT paralyzed, and should recover reasonably well.


Today he got out of the hospital. I feel a great sense of relief and gratitude. I love my brother more than anything. He's such a treasure to me. He's the only brother I have. He's so happy and full of life and energy, I cannot imagine losing him.


In other WONDERFUL news, my officer client passed his test today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means he's not scared of losing his job anymore, and that I did my job. It was an amazing feeling of accomplishment.


I also finished my christmas shopping today. Hoo-rah. Funniest part is how I wrapped my brother-in-law's gift. But that's for later.


Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments: