Friday, July 22, 2011

The Hectic Day I decided to ramble about...

Today was just... crazy. I decided that since it was my 1st totally free day, I was going to make the most of it. I went out early, first went to Evie Evan, a makeup store on South Congress between 5th and 6th street. I bought a groupon for the place a long time ago, and it was close to expiring, so I had to use it!

Evie Evan is a great place. It started as an online makeup store, and progressed a year ago to owning a nice little spot in downtown. The website for them is

After spending about 1.5 hours picking out my stuff... and overspending on my groupon by a lot... I got out of there, found my car parked way out of the way, and drove over to the Whole Foods downtown. I really love Whole Foods even though they rape you on prices... but this time I thought ahead and actually printed a coupon for the product I wanted, got it and a few other things, and grabbed a little snack so I wouldn't have to go home.

Then I mosied my way over to Jerry's Artarama, where I had to spend another groupon, this one expired in exactly 1 week! I got some really great, quality brushes to replace the cheapo ones I bought when I wasn't sure how into oil painting I would be. I also bought a few replacement paints for the ones I am about to run out of. I played with oil pastels, considered purchasing some, but luckily didn't, because I also ran over my groupon budget with this store.

Once I finished at Jerry's it was already pretty late in the afternoon and I was getting tired. I drove out of my way over to 183, to the Jared Galleria of Jewelry where Jeff bought my engagement ring. I'm supposed to get it examined every 6 months to maintain the warranty, and it has been almost a year. So I got that in, and she cleaned it up all sparkly, and I was about to walk out when I decided to ask her what it would cost to resize the ring. I've lost a significant amount of weight since we've been married, and my ring is constantly about to fall off. She told me it's covered, so FREE!!!! So I left it there to go from a 5.75 to a 5! That's a pretty big change! She also told me they will replate it with white gold so it will look gorgeous when I get it back! Hooray!

I only had 1 more errand (or so I thought), so I rushed over to the pet store to buy some stuff for my babies, and while there remembered that I needed to call the vet because I had seen some reddish pink in Akira's pee and I was worried about it. She told me to bring her in for a urine sample, and that I might have to leave her overnight. Long story short I rushed home, crated Akira, rushed her to the vet's (who happens to be RIGHT by Jared's, and a good 40 minute drive away from my house) before closing. The vet was sweet enough to take Akira even though she wasn't even supposed to be at the office today and had happened to drop in when I called. She checked everything out and Akira turned out to be fine. She thinks it must've been an old infection that cleared itself. And... that'll be $100 please. UGH!

So I grabbed Akira, drove ALMOST home, and made my final stop at the CVS pharmacy to get a prescription for some awesome Retinoid stuff that makes my face look good.

Now I am home, decompressing, and writing this long ranting blog that probably no one cares to read.. but I feel better telling my blog about my day :).

No comments: