Friday, December 28, 2012

The Updated List

Unfortunately, we're nearing the end of the list, and no one has been right so far. Here's how it looks:


Dec 17th at 6:00 pm (April)
Dec 19th (Hana, my cousin)
Dec 21 (Kimberly, my cousin)
Dec 21 at 12:21 am (me)
Dec 24th at 6:00 pm (Aunt Sherry)
Dec 25 (Meredith)
Dec 25 (Alexis)
Dec 25 at 11:55 (Gloria)
Dec 26 (Ali)
Dec 26 at 12:12 pm (Jeff)
Dec 27 at 9:00 am (Bev - Step-Mom)
Dec 27 at 6:15 pm (Susan - Mom-in-Law)
Dec 28 (Jerry)
Dec 28 at 3:45 pm (Elizabeth)
Dec 28 at 3:50 pm (Aunt Didi)
Dec 29 (Erica)
Dec 29 at 2:45 pm (my Mom)
Dec 29 at 6:00 pm (Rebekah)
Dec 29 at 9:34 pm (Jonathan)
Dec 31 (Melissa)
Jan 1 at 12:01 am (Meghan)

Jan 1 at 8:55 pm (my Step-Dad)

I know I said I wouldn't be blogging for a while, but I woke up at 4 am this morning and couldn't sleep (AGAIN) so here I am blogging because I have no idea what else to do with myself.

More than half of the guessers have been wrong. No one has guessed she will arrive late, but I'm starting to wonder... I guess we will find out how well I'm progressing today when I see my doctor again.

My mom and I (in good fun) decided to try some of the old wives tales to naturally "induce" labor. I wouldn't even call it "induction" so much as a few fun things you could do anytime that in no way would force a baby out before it's ready.

Here's what we have tried so far:

1. lots of walking
2. spicy Mexican food
3. eggplant parmigiana 
4. me sitting and bouncing on a yoga ball
5. Raspberry leaf tea
6. evening primrose oil
7. rock band
8. this stupid stair routine I'm pretty sure my mom made up just to laugh at me
9. I even tried exposing my belly to sunlight and telling the baby that she's missing out.. something my friend Melissa told me she did and it worked lol
10. tried a few acupressure points
11. Yesterday I ate 6 dates 
12. I also ate 3 fireballs - those are spicy right?

Still nothing. I am having braxton hicks contractions but definitely no labor yet. I realize everyone keeps telling me to relax and rest and while that sounds incredible to me right now, I honestly cannot relax nor rest very well. My body hurts, I am pretty sure I pulled a ligament in my right thigh, I can't sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time ANYWAY and I can never seem to get comfortable. So to those who tell me to just relax, I say - shut up and bite me. If I could relax, trust me... I would.

No comments: