Friday, March 27, 2009

Stunned...

What is up with Babies recently? Everyone is having them... well, not me, but everyone else! I just found out that I'm going to be an Aunt!! Isn't that cool? Liz and Andrew are having their own little baby Taylor, and hopefully will reconsider the name they have allegedly chosen, "Tyrannosaurus Rex." It's early, though, they're 1 month more or less into the pregnancy, so they have plenty of time to reconsider that name. :) After talking to Liz, my mom called me, and told me that my old friend Grant and his sister Holly are both having babies (not with each other in case that sentence was oddly worded)... Ironically enough, I was just on my way to go to target and buy a present for a baby shower for my friend, Brandy, she's having a girl (Emily). That's tomorrow. My friend in my Algebra class is having a boy in August. I'm getting nervous. Who's next? Who will be the last of my friends to survive unimpregnanted? Will it be me??? Will I be the LAST SURVIVOR? We'll see...

But on the other side of the pillow... having all these babies coming into the world makes this really deeply burried part of me long to have my own. Babies are such beautiful creatures, the purest form of human you can get. So I look at these expecting parents with a form of envy and awe. Someday it will be me (hopefully). Until then, perhaps I can learn something from their experiences, and it will make me a better mother in the future.

1 comment:

Dan and Merideth said...

Thanks for your nice words! My heart stopped when i read it here that Liz was preggers. Im happy for them, i guess im just not ready to 'celebrate' with anyone; I sure hope they can understand... im just not ready. I know its selfish.

Youll have a baby too! You said "hopefully" in your blog, but it will happen for you, just as it will for me too!

And yes, you ARE my friend already!! we really do need to get together! I dont know why ive been such a bum and unmotivated. I just need to come over in my PJ's if i have to and say, "ok, im here!"