Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Haps

This weekend was pretty good. Jeff came home from work friday evening and I was having a pretty rough day. I'd rather not get into why, but it had started out well. I layed out by the pool and went from stark white to a bit warmer white. I'm hoping to acheive my first tan in 2 or 3 years. I used to look so good tanned, but then realized I was creating a future skin cancer problem and stopped. Now I've decided to tan with sunscreen on to prevent burnings and get a more natural tan. Not important.

Then I talked to my dad and had a very nice conversation with him. I also started to read my new book, "The Stranger Beside Me," by Ann Rule. It's about Ted Bundy. It isn't one of those uplifting types of books, but I am so intrigued by the subject matter that I can't help but read it. I want to understand how a man with so much potential, like Bundy, could become such a monster with such a small breaking point being his girlfriend broke up with him. Why was that the straw that broke the camels back? Anyways... enough of that rant.

So Jeff came home and we decided to spend some quality time together. First we went and picked up our range, put it in the house (thanks to Tom for helping us) and took a picture for that snappy lady at the Title office that just HAD to have a picture of the new range in the house so she could get her refund. Next, we went to our favorite Sushi place, Hayashi. Upon arriving, we noticed this big carnival going on in the shopping center where our sushi place is. There was a ferris wheel and everything! So we went inside to get dinner first and to our pleasant surprise there was a band playing some pretty sweet tunes. They had a drummer, base guitar and electric guitar. Very cool sound. That lifted my spirits a lot. Then, after dinner, we walked over to the carnival and just looked around and amused ourselves for a little while. I didn't get to go on any rides, though, cause we didn't have cash :(.

Saturday we spent the day demolishing our house. Well... Jeff did most of the demolishing, he took out the stair railing, our pantry, etc. Meanwhile, I patched holes in the wall made from nails (surprisingly there were hundreds of them), I walked on stilts (yep, stilts) and ripped off these annoying brackets about all the windows, and began breaking the tile off of the bathroom wall. Ahhh... fun fun times. It was rough, but I can't wait to finish it up and get to work remodeling everything! Also, we went to home depot and found a bathtub for pretty cheap, and it's a whirlpool! Score!

Saturday night we went out with Marian to the movies. We were supposed to go with Liz, Andrew, Tom, and Marian to this parody on Jurrasic Park at Alamo Draft House. However, we got confused as to which Alamo Draft House was showing that. We showed up at the wrong one. So, everyone but Marian bailed on us, and we ended up seeing that new movie with Clive Owen and Julia Roberts... called "Duplicity". It was really good. Like, it's one of those movies you don't fully understand what's going on until the very end and then you feel so excited about it all! I left that movie very satisfied with my purchase.

All in all it was a good weekend. I had a lot of fun with Jeff, playing with our new house. I'll post pictures of me on stilts, the carnival, etc. as soon as I get the opportunity.

Blog out.

3 comments:

www.TRAINwithJAKE.com said...

Ted Bundy, Sushi, Carnival rides, and Julia Roberts, in one day????

Unknown said...

I like to spice things up

Anonymous said...

That movie was trippin'! I had fun hanging out and eating queso with you :-) -Mariana